Since becoming a Young Living Distributor, I have caught the bug of curiosity of the many uses of herbs and not just in cooking…
Yesterday, I ventured to a Lavender Farm to explore more in depth of farming and curation of herbs. Once arriving to the Lavender Farm we could quite literally smell the floral scent from a mile away which was intoxicating until we spent awhile there and got a massive migraine from the power of the floral scent along with many other fragrances from other flowers surrounding the area. The experience was like non other.
floral scent from a mile away which was intoxicating until we spent awhile there and got a massive migraine from the power of the floral scent along with many other fragrances from other flowers surrounding the area.
What disappointed me from the experience is that the employees I met only knew of a headache remedy when I asked specifically for them to explain the multiple uses of lavender oil. Yes, the headache remedy was astounding and worked instantly to balance the scents surrounding us; however, I wanted to know more than the surface of soap, potpourri and so on. Before leaving I purchased a bag of lavender earl grey tea and made my way back home.
I do encourage you to put visiting a lavender farm on your bucket list knowing you do not have to buy a ticket to France to see them. It will be just as beautiful to see one in your own country as I did yesterday. From my experience and research I have found multiple uses for lavender, specifically lavender essential oils:
- Use lavender essential oil (always use a carrier oil!) to treat burns
- Lavender essential oil supplies polyphenols to help reduce bacteria responsible for bloating in the digestive tract, and phytonutrients to boost your immune system, according to Cleveland Clinic.
- Soothes headaches and improves sleep
- Can be used as an antiseptic by using baking soda, lavender oil, witch hazel, and water.
- Can be used in your diffuser to clear a stuffy nose
- Can be used in tea for relaxation results
Want to live healthy while living freely? Check us out on Pinterest!
Disclaimer: Please consult your doctor when beginning or practicing anything referred to in the articles. Please conduct your own research as you conduct actions at your own risk. We take no liability for damages or adverse effects, etc..