We have all seen the recall for himalayan salt lamps, and the recall came from Michael’s Craft Store when they sold salt lamps causing fires. But what are himalayan salt lamps, and what possibly could have caused those lamps to catch fire?
Himalayan salt is known to be the most beneficial and cleanest salt on this planet. This crystal salt is said to contain all the elements found in our bodies, for it has 84 nutritional elements, as seen in the diagram here.
Himalayan Salt Lamps create what we call the Ion Process:
- Evaporation creates ions, for salt naturally attracts water, and the heat created by the lamp causes water to evaporate and creates negative ions.
- Negative ions are naturally found near bodies of water such as oceans or waterfalls before rain storms.
- Negative ions become one with positive ions and helps cleanse the air, thus, happy emotions in our bodies.
- Positive ions are created by technology such as cellphones, computers and microwaves.
- These ions not only improve our mood, but also improves breathing, sleeping, increases our energy levels, reduces asthma symptoms and boosts serotonin levels.
How can we determine if our salt lamps are fake?
Well, we can trust fake news and check for the recall notice or alternatively we can see if it tastes like salt or chips off like salt, if not it is either plastic or an inexpensive white crystal. Himalayan salt is found in mines in Khewra, Pakistan so if there is not any sign of Pakistan on your lamp, it is probably fake.
For more information check out this blog by Dr. Axe!
Disclaimer: Please consult your doctor when beginning or practicing anything referred to in the articles. Please conduct your own research as you conduct actions at your own risk. We take no liability for damages or adverse effects, etc..